Wolverhampton news »
Wolverhampton shooting: Police begin murder inquiryBBC News 21 Jul
Police were called to a Wolverhampton street after reports of gunshots on Friday.
Wolves legend Kenny Hibbitt ‘was ultimate hero’BBC News 21 Jul
Wolves legend Kenny Hibbitt has been meeting fans in the Black Country on a book signing tour.
Children’s trust defends chief executive appointment for social worker criticised by judgeCommunity Care 19 Jul
A children’s services trust has defended the appointment of its new chief executive, a social worker whose practice was criticised by a judge but cleared by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and her former employer.
Crash inquest opens into death of Wolverhampton motorcyclistBBC News 18 Jul
Motorcyclist Kenneth Allen, 54, from Wolverhampton was killed in a crash with a car on the Isle of Man.
Why is my taxi from another city?BBC News 18 Jul
Many taxi drivers from around England say Wolverhampton council needs to tighten its licensing rules.
Teen in court over Wolverhampton ‘claw-hammer attack’BBC News 16 Jul
The 17-year-old has been charged with attempted murder and remanded at a youth detention facility .
Teen charged after Wolverhampton ‘claw-hammer’ attackBBC News 15 Jul
The 17-year-old victim has undergone emergency surgery and remains in a critical condition.
Two injured after shots fired at Wolverhampton pubBBC News 15 Jul
Police said a man wearing a motorcycle helmet fired at the pub before leaving the scene in a car.
Wolverhampton motorcyclist killed in M54 crash namedBBC News 14 Jul
Gordon Nutt, 68, from Wolverhampton died after a collision with a car on the motorway.
Teenager attacked in Wolverhampton with ‘claw-hammer’BBC News 13 Jul
The 17-year-old boy has undergone emergency surgery and remains in a critical condition.
Rui Patricio: Sporting Lisbon want £50m compensation for Wolves transferBBC News 13 Jul
Sporting Lisbon say they want 57 million euros (£50m) in compensation for Portugal goalkeeper Rui Patricio following his transfer to Wolves.
Sarbjit Kaur death: Husband denies wife’s murderBBC News 13 Jul
Sarbjit Kaur was found dead at home in Rookery Lane in Penn, Wolverhampton.
Rui Patricio: Sporting Lisbon complain to Fifa over sale of player to WolvesBBC News 12 Jul
Wolves and Rui Patricio are reported to Fifa by Sporting Lisbon over the transfer of the goalkeeper from the Portuguese club.
Nuno Espirito Santo: Wolves boss signs one-year contract extensionBBC News 10 Jul
Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo signs a one-year extension to his deal and is now tied to the club until 2021.
Hakeem Odoffin: Northampton Town sign defender following release by WolvesBBC News 9 Jul
Northampton Town sign defender Hakeem Odoffin on a two-year deal following his release by Wolverhampton Wanderers.
West Mercia Police Operation SnapWV11 2 Jul
Operation Snap West Mercia Police have launched Operation Snap, the facility to allow members of the public to submit digital footage from dash-cams, mobile phones, home security cameras or any other digital devices, if they capture footage of any ...
Leo Bonatini: Wolves complete permanent deals for Brazilian striker and youngster Ruben VinagreBBC News 30 Jun
Wolves turn the loan moves of Brazil striker Leo Bonatini and Portugal defender Ruben Vinagre into permanent deals.
Ben Marshall and Teemu Pukki join Norwich CityBBC News 30 Jun
Championship side Norwich sign Wolves winger Ben Marshall and agree to sign Finland international striker Teemu Pukki.
Kayden Walker: Bilston baby was ‘forcefully shaken’BBC News 29 Jun
Father Ricky Walker denies murdering the six-month-old in 2016.
Ian Cathro: Ex-Hearts boss teams up with Wolves manager Nuno Espirito SantoBBC News 28 Jun
Wolves appoint former Hearts manager Ian Cathro as first-team coach, rekindling a partnership with manager Nuno Espirito Santo.
‘Raging’ axe woman tackled by off-duty PC in WolverhamptonBBC News 27 Jun
Off-duty PC, Ken Morris placed himself between the irate woman, other bus passengers and the driver.
Zeli Ismail: Walsall re-sign former Wolves winger from BuryBBC News 26 Jun
Walsall re-sign former Wolves winger Zeli Ismail from relegated League Two side Bury on an initial one-year deal.
Carl Ikeme: Wolves keeper in ‘complete remission’BBC News 23 Jun
Wolves keeper Carl Ikeme is in "complete remission" after "a tough year and intense chemotherapy" following his diagnosis of acute leukaemia in 2017.
Sherwin Seedorf: Wolves winger joins Bradford City on loanBBC News 22 Jun
League One side Bradford City sign winger Sherwin Seedorf - nephew of Dutch legend Clarence - on loan from Wolves until January.
Pennal airing cupboard death inquest ‘shattered family’BBC News 21 Jun
The family of a woman who died after getting trapped in an airing cupboard speak of their pain.
Daniel Fitzjohn: Man charged with newsagent’s row murderBBC News 20 Jun
Daniel Quinn, from Wolverhampton, is set to appear before magistrates on Thursday.
Shades of Banks – new Wolves keeper makes copycat save for PortugalBBC News 20 Jun
Goalkeeper Rui Patricio does his best to emulate Gordon Banks' legendary save from Pele in the 1970 World Cup during Portugal's 1-0 victory over Morocco.
Tim Flowers: Solihull Moors appoint ex-Blackburn and England keeper as bossBBC News 20 Jun
Solihull Moors appoint former Wolves, Blackburn Rovers, Southampton and England keeper Tim Flowers as manager.
Woman died after getting stuck in Pennal airing cupboardBBC News 19 Jun
Elizabeth Isherwood got stuck while on holiday in Wales and could not escape, an inquest hears.
Wolverhampton company’s home carer service ‘unsafe’BBC News 18 Jun
Staffing numbers and people not receiving medicine were among the concerns raised by inspectors.
More Wolverhampton news
- Brexit: Andrea Leadsom 'hated' Theresa May's Chequers plan and warned it betrayed the referendum result
- Tougher powers needed to prevent election 'tampering and manipulation' after Brexit campaign fined, MPs demand
- Charlie Rowley: Amesbury novichok victim's brother 'very surprised' by his recovery
- University accused of 'colluding with Home Office' after PhD student removed from studies over immigration concerns
- Murder inquiry launched after man gunned down near Wolverhampton hospital
- Brexit: EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier takes apart Theresa May's Chequers white paper plan
- UK weather latest: Sun to return for summer holidays following heavy rainfall and thunderstorm warning
- Warning issued over wild swimming after spate of drowning deaths
- Teachers under 'great' pressure from pupils and parents, admits education secretary
- Conservative MP Chris Davies interviewed by police over expense fraud claims
- South Africa's Ramaphosa: From comrade to businessman
- Missouri boat accident kills 17, including nine from one family
- Thousands rally against Australia's refugee detention policy
- Ex-FARC rebels sworn into Colombia's Congress
- Sweltering weather causes problems across Europe
- Gaza protests: All the latest updates
- Hamas: Deal reached with Israel to restore calm in Gaza
- South Sudan's internally displaced create own system of justice
- Hamas: Kushner and Greenblatt spokespeople for Israeli occupation
- Ethiopian parliament approves amnesty for political prisoners
- What's fuelling the latest unrest in Iraq?
- Tourist boat capsizes in Missouri killing 17
- Syria's war: Evacuation of rebels from Quneitra begins
- Why the Muslim Brotherhood was blamed for Egypt's World Cup woes
- Cartoonist Rob Rogers fired after drawings criticising Trump